The Mentor Area Chamber of Commerce announced its scholarship recipients Tuesday during its monthly meeting at .
The Don-Mar Krueger academic scholarships went to Kara Jankowski of and Sarah Perry, Branden Piks and Gregory Ritchey of .
Meanwhile, Cardinals Zachery Lewandowski and Joseph Zupan received the Marie S. Pucak Career Technical Education scholarship.
The scholarship recipients attended the Chamber meeting, which gave the members an opportunity to learn more about the students.
- Jankowski has served as a drum major in the marching band, is captain of the swim team and president of her school's National Honor Society. She plans on attending the University of Dayton for a degree in education.
- Perry is involved with the Big Brothers/Big Sisters, serves as president of the Mentor High student government, is editor of the school newspaper and is a member of the science olympiad, mock trial, and model United Nations teams, as well as National Honor Society. She plans on attending Miami University of Ohio to study pre-law and political science.
- Piks has been a basketball program on the freshman, JV and Varsity teams, a counselor at sixth grade camp, a volunteer at the Mentor Senior Center and Harvest for Hunger. He plans to study architecture at Miami University of Ohio.
- Ritchey is a member of National Honor Society, the Buckeye Boys State and student government. He participated in his school's concert band and had served as captain of the JV soccer team. Gregory wants to study either biochemistry, pre-med or business at John Carroll University.
- Lewandowski is a member of the auto services career technical program at Mentor High School and volunteers his time with the Salvation Army. He plans to study diesel equipment technology at the University of Northwestern Ohio.
- Zupan is a member of the Mentor High marching band and is also active at his church where he's involved with the youth group and service projects that the church sponsors. He intends to study automotive services at the Ohio Technical College.