Here are five items from the memo for the week of Sept. 29:
- The Mentor Lagoons marina had a record 542 boaters during the 2013 boating season. That includes 461 wet slip dock and 81 rack customers.
- The Mentor Fire Department responded to Veterans Park around 4:49 p.m. Sept. 25 after a woman crashed her bike and fell off the bridge and into the pond near the southwest area. She was transported to an area hospital in stable condition.
- The Great Pumpkin Hunt will be held at Wildwood Park & Cultural Center on Oct. 4 for children, ages 3 to 10. They must be accompanied by a parent. The program lasts one hour and 15 minutes and has start times every 15 minutes from 6 to 7:30 p.m. People must pre-register for this event. Do so by calling Wildwood at 440-974-5734 or registering online.
- The 24th Fall Bridal Gala will be held Sunday, Oct. 6th from noon to 4 p.m. at the new Holiday Inn on Reynolds Road. Nearly 30 vendors will attend the event.
- Dominick Krisha pleaded guilty last week to heroin trafficking charges and was sentenced to nine years in prison. He was arrested back in April at Value Place Hotel. About $15,000 in cash was seized from his hotel room.