A Mentor man was among those arrested during a prostitution sting by Willoughby Police Department.
On Feb. 21 and 22, the Willoughby Police Department conducted an operation targeting the customers of prostitution.
Detectives placed an ad on a website frequently used by prostitutes. The ad offered adult services for a special rate of $100 for a half hour.
Twelve men responded to the ad and were arrested without incident after they entered a motel room expecting to meet a 20-year-old female, Willoughby Police said.
The men were all charged with soliciting and criminal tools. Both charges are misdemeanors. All posted a $404 bond and have a court date set for the morning of March 7 in the Willoughby Municipal Court.
Future operations of this nature will be planned as needed, Willoughby Police said. A cooperating Willoughby motel was used during the investigation.
Those facing charges are:
- Raymond T. Kern, 50, Mentor
- Eugene Preston, 38, Beachwood
- Bert M. Brown, 55, Beachwood
- Timothy D. Asberry, 54, Willoughby Hills
- Gill S. Gurinder, 31, North Royalton
- Nagi J. Haddad, 55, Rocky River
- Ryan B. Tyna, 42, Hudson
- Ramone A. Davis, 26, Cleveland
- Johannes Reinhard, 64, Palm Beach
- Richard M. Salajcik, 47, Eastlake
- Efren Romero, 41, Painesville
- Bryan Hess, 51, Cuyahoga Falls