1. Hanukkah starts today and Christmas is just three weeks away, so let's start off with some good news.
Check out this awesome holiday light show on Forest Road in Mentor. No, seriously, click the link.
The coolest part of this holiday display is that it's also a fundraiser for Toys for Tots and Make A Wish.
You should see it in person. The family doesn't mind. And, if you happen to feel generous, you can give a few dollars to some worthy causes.
2. More good (and, also, adorable) news -- Gallery One is displaying artwork from Mentor Schools' kids all December as part of the Cold Nose Warm Art program.
Check out a slideshow of their prodigious paintings, drawings and sculptures here. (Thanks to Jacqui Spetrino for the photos!)
3. Less pleasant news now, unfortunately.
Ronald Ewanek pleaded guilty to obstruction of official business after he was involved in a 4-hour standoff with Mentor Police.
The standoff began when Ewanek used a semiautomatic assault rifle to shoot at a groundhog on his property.
4. A Mentor woman has filed a law suit in Lake County Court of Common Pleas, claiming that the Bryant & Stratton College campus in Eastlake discriminated against her and denied her the right to breast feed her baby.
The suit is pretty complicated so, instead of trying to summarize it here in a couple of paragraphs, you might be better off just reading the whole story.
5. Let's end on a happy note.
The Mentor Patch Moms Council talked about some of their favorite holiday specials. (I was disappointed that nobody mentioned the Batman episode "Holiday Knights.")
See their favorites and feel free to suggest some of your own.