In an effort to stem the spread of the seasonal flu, Lake Health has begun limiting visitors to West Medical Center in Willoughby and TriPoint Medical Center in Concord Township.
Although Lake Health will make exceptions in some circumstances, the following temporary restrictions have been put in place immediately:
- Visitors must be 19 years of age or older; visitation will be limited to two healthy visitors per patient.
- Adults who exhibit any flu-like symptoms or have been diagnosed with the flu within the past seven days are asked not to visit.
- All visitors will be asked to wash their hands before and after a patient visit using soap and water or the alcohol-based hand sanitizer located in each patient room.
In related news, Lake County General Health District still has flu shots available.
The vaccinations costs $10 for children from 6 months to 18 years old and $20.00 for adults.
Please call (440) 350-2554 to schedule your flu shot.
The flu is extremely contagious. Everyone is urged to practice healthy habits to help lessen your chances of catching the flu and other illnesses. These healthy habits include:
- Wash your hands often with soap and water. If soap and water are not available, use an alcohol-based hand rub.
- Cover your nose and mouth with a tissue when you cough or sneeze. Throw the tissue in the trash after you use it and wash your hands.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose or mouth. Germs spread this way.
- Try to avoid contact with sick people.
- If you are sick with flu-like symptoms, stay home for at least 24 hours after your fever is gone except to get medical care and other necessities. Your fever should be gone without the use of a fever-reducing medicine.
- If you are sick, avoid contact with other people.