The Lake County Council on Aging and Tech Wise have partnered with Connect Ohio to bring the Every Citizen Online training program to adults of Lake County.
Adults are able to take free basic computer classes at local senior centers and the Council on Aging office on computer, Internet and email basics.
And, while the classes are at senior centers, they are open to anyone 18 and older.
The free computer training provided through the Every Citizen Online program will help adults use all the Internet has to offer.
If you are interested, call 440-942-7853 to register. Space is limited to the first 12 people for each class. And, remember, they are free.
UNDERSTANDING YOUR COMPUTER (Free One-day Class)
Students will learn computer basics: how to start and properly shut down; basic functions of the mouse and keyboard; how to use windows,scroll bars and search menus; and other basic functions of Microsoft Windows.
- Monday, February 4th from 10:00 a.m. – 12:00 p.m.
- Thursday, March 14th from 10:00 a.m. – 12:00 p.m.
UNDERSTANDING THE INTERNET (Free One-day Class)
Students will gain hands-on experience to connect to the Internet, navigate around the web and understand search engines as well as browsers. In addition, students will learn how to download programs, search more effectively and avoid viruses while having fun looking at all the Internet has to offer.
- Monday, February 11th from 10:00 a.m. – 12:00 p.m.
- Thursday, March 21st from 10:00 a.m. – 12:00 p.m.
UNDERSTANDING EMAIL (Free One-day Class)
This class will provide hands-on experience while learning the basics of email with Google’s free email service. Students will learn: what email is; how to read, write, send and reply to messages; how to create their own email account and address book; and how to send attachments.
- Monday, February 25th from 10:00 a.m. – 12:00 p.m.
- Thursday, March 28th from 10:00 a.m. – 12:00 p.m.
Classes for the above programs are also available at the following locations. For dates, times and registration at the follow locations, please call the number next to the center.
- Mentor Senior Center 440-974-5725
- Eastlake JFK Center 440-975-4268
- Fairport Senior Center 440-354-3674
- Willoughby Senior Center 440-951-2832
- Painesville Senior Center 440-352-8095
- Willoughby Hills Senior Center 440-951-1826
- Willowick Senior Center 440-585-5112
If you are ready for more, specialized training is available at the Council on Aging office for the following topics. Bear in mind, these classes are not free. Please call Tech Wise at 440-942-7853 to register. Space is limited to the first 12 people for each class.
Housekeeping on your Computer (three 2-hour classes)
February 14, 21, & 28
10:00 a.m.-12:00 p.m.
More Understanding and Using a Computer (three 2-hour classes)
March 15, 22, & 29
10:00 a.m.-12:00 p.m.