2012 Mock Draft
Well, it is that time again, and the Browns are once again at the top of the draft board. With the Atlanta trade last year, the Browns have two first round picks, adding to the excitement. The Browns have thirteen total picks in the upcoming seven round NFL draft. My first choice would be for the Browns to trade down and get Michael Floyd from Notre Dame along with getting at least an extra second round pick. With that said, here we go with this year’s mock draft. I am always interested in your feedback. I can be reached on twitter @daveborcas
- Indianapolis: Andrew Luck I guarantee this one even if Jim Irsay denies it in one of his late night drunken tweets.
- Washington: Robert Griffin III Another lock if you can get anyone to bet with you. The Browns were just short of trading up to get this special player.
- Minnesota: Matt Kalil Ready to play LT. Other options are a trade down or Morris Claiborne.
- Cleveland: Trent Richardson Instantly upgrades the running game and the offense. Other options are a trade down, Morris Claiborne, Justin Blackmon or Matt Kalil if Minnesota trades with someone wanting to get in front of Cleveland for Richardson. Bottom line is any player will help the Browns.
- Tampa Bay: Morris Claiborne Shutdown corner that makes your pass rush better. Other options are Trent Richardson and Justin Blackmon.
- St. Louis: Justin Blackmon Some question his height, but Sam Bradford gets help. Other options are Fletcher Cox or Melvin Ingram.
- Jacksonville: Melvin Ingram Explosive pass rusher who’s stock is rising. Other options are Quinton Coples, Riley Reiff or Michael Floyd.
- Miami Dolphins: Ryan Tannehill A QB that most experts agree is 1-2 years away from being NFL ready. I really think Miami will pass on Tannehill here, but what do I know. Other Options are Riley Reiff, Michael Floyd or Jonathan Martin.
- Carolina: Fletcher Cox Can play the run or rush the passer, stock really rising. Other options are Dontari Poe or Quinton Coples.
10. Buffalo: Riley Reiff Bills need a pass protector for what looks to be a potent offense. Other options are Jonathan Martin, Michael Floyd or Quinton Coples.
11. Kansas City Luke Kuechly Solid linebacker and tackling machine who comes up with big plays. Other options are Jonathan Martin, Dontari Poe or David DeCastro.
12. Seattle Whitney Mercilus A pass rusher to help a defense that is already solid against the run. Other options are Nick Perry, Quinton Coples or David Decastro.
13. Arizona Michael Floyd Its now or never for Kevin Kolb with all the weapons on this offense. Other options are Jonathan Martin, David DeCastro or Whitney Mercilus.
14. Dallas Mark Barron Upgrades the run and pass defense for the Cowboys. Other options are David DeCastro, Cordy Glenn or Dre Kirpatrick.
15. Philadelphia Dontari Poe Shores up a shoddy run defense. Other options are Michael Brockers or Fletcher Cox.
16. New York Jets Courtney Upshaw Line him up at LB or DE and let him go. Other options are Cordy Glenn, David DeCastro or Andre Branch.
17. Cincinnati David DeCastro Bengals offense will be very good in 2012. Other option sinclude Stephon Gilmore, Kendall Wright or Courtney Upshaw.
18. San Diego Jonathan Martin Time to fill some holes on the OL. Other options are Andre Branch and Chandler Jones.
19. Chicago Bears Michael Brockers The Bears are going to pressure the QB in 2012. Other options are Devin Still, Ander Branch or Stephon Gilmore.
20. Tennessee Stephon Gilmore Big shoes to fill for the Titans. Other options are Dre Kirpatrick or Courtney Upshaw.
21. Cincinnati Dre Kirpatrick Bengals will be happy with this physical corner. Other options are Dontari Poe, Mark Barron or Michael Brockers.
22. Cleveland Cordy Glenn If he plays T or G he will be a big boost to the OL. Other options are Ryan Tannehill, Mike Adams or Jonathan Martin.
23. Detroit Mark Barron This will upgrade the run and pass defense. Other options are Mike Adams, Dre Kirpatrick or Cordy Glenn.
24. Pittsburgh Dont’a Hightower Tough inside LB to replace Farrior. Whoever they pick lets hope it is a flop! Other options are Mike Adams or Nick Perry.
25. Denver Stephen Hill Have to get Manning some weapons. Other options are Coby Fleener, Kendall Wright or Jerrel Worthy.
26. Houston Coby Fleener Surprise pick that could make their offense unstoppable with him in the slot. Other options are Stephen Hill, Kendall Wright or Reuban Randle.
27. New England Jerrel Worthy Upgrades the front seven. Other options are Harrison Smith, Kendal Wright or Devin Still.
28. Green Bay Nick Perry Helps cut down on the double teams of Clay Matthews. Other options are Jerrel Worthy, Mike Adams or Peter Konz.
29. Baltimore Peter Konz Solid pick that makes Ray Rice and Joe Flacco happy. Other options are Dont’a Hightower, Harrison Smith or Jerrel Worthy.
30. San Francisco Kendall Wright Last year they upgraded the D. Other options are Stephen Hill, Coby Fleener, Reuben Randle.
31. New England Harrison Smith Bill will fix the defense this year. Other options are Kendall Reyes, Shea McClellin or Janoris Jenkins.
32. New York Giants Janoris Jenkins Big time talent this late in draft. Other options are Mike Adams, Coby Fleener or Bobbie Massie.