A former employee has filed a law suit in Lake County Court of Common Pleas against and his supervisor Michael LaMalfa.
Lenny Barclay of Madison filed the suit Friday.
In the suit, Barclay claims:
- Barclay worked at LaMalfa as a maintenance man, food preparer and server.
- LaMalfa subject Barclay to "undeserved foul and defamatory language" while at work.
- On one occasion, LaMalfa assaulted and choked Barclay in the presence of other employees.
- Barclay suffered injuries as a result of the assault. He filed a claim with the Ohio Bureau of Workers Compensation and the BWC recognized he had a cervical sprain/strain and cervical contusion.
- Barclay was fired for filing the aforementioned claim.
Barclay asked for more than $25,000 in compensation, claiming that LaMalfa created a hostile work environment for Barclay, caused him severe, emotional distress and fired him as a retaliatory act.
Barclay's attorney, Mark Ziccarelli, has asked that the suit be decided by a jury.
The suit has been assigned to Judge Joseph Gibson's court.