Watch: LaTourette Says SOPA, PIPA Are 'Dead'
The representative added that he expected the legislature to revisit the issue soon
U.S. Rep. Steven LaTourette, Ohio State Sen. John Eklund, Ohio Reps. Ron Young and Lorraine Fende, Lake County Commissioner Dan Troy and Max Blachman, a representative for U.S. Sen. Sherrod Brown, spoke at the breakfast and answered questions from the audience.
One audience member asked LaTourette about his stance on the Stop Online Piracy Act and the Protect Intellectual Property Act.
LaTourette replied that he thought SOPA and PIPA advocated a good idea -- preventing online piracy -- but overreached and were bad pieces of legislation.
He said that both PIPA and SOPA were dead. However, he added that the legislature would probably revisit the idea next year.
Other videos from the legislative breakfast:
- Ellen Cantor on the seniors levy
- State Sen. John Eklund on "bullishness" and the economy
- Ohio Rep. Lorraine Fende criticizes the state budget
- Ohio Rep. Ron Young talks about improvements to Ohio's economy
- Sen. Sherrod Brown representative talks about currency manipulation
- Dan Troy talks Lake County sales tax increase