School Board To Recognize Mentor High Athletes, Academics at Meeting
The Mentor Schools Board of Education will meet Tuesday evening to recognize some of its students
An eclectic group of students ranging from the speech and debate team to the competitive cheerleading team and Ohio's Mr. Basketball will be recognized at the Mentor Schools Board of Education meeting 7 p.m. Tuesday at the district's administration building.
The students who will be recognized include:
- the Mentor High mock trial teams, one of which qualified for the state competition this year.
- Justin Fritts -- who in addition to leading the Mentor Cardinals basketball team to the Div. 1 regional tournament -- was named Ohio's Mr. Basketball, an honor that no Mentor High student has previously received.
- the Mentor High speech and debate team that, once again, qualified for the state competition.
- Mentor High School CAD/engineering students for their success in the Youngstown State Robotics Competition.
- the Mentor High School competition cheerleading team.
For a complete agenda for the Mentor Schools Board meeting, visit the district's web site.