Democrats, Republicans Choose Their Candidates For County Positions
It will be Robert Aufuldish against John Hamercheck and Judy Moran against David Fiebig for the county commissioner seats this November
With unofficial results in from the Lake County Board of Elections, it looks like it will be Robert Aufuldish against John Hamercheck and Judy Moran facing off with David Fiebig for the Lake County commissioner seats in November.
Democratic incumbent Aufuldish garnered more than three times as many votes, as his primary opponent Daniel Tharp. He won 9,842 to 3,112.
Meanwhile, Republican John Hamercheck received 10,687 votes to Linda Burhenne's 8,230.
Likewise, Moran and Fiebig will vye for Ray Sines's former chair on the commission.
Democrat Moran topped Eastlake Mayor Ted Andrzejewski for the nomination by a vote of 8,767 to 4,715. Similarly, Republican Fiebig beat Richard Shreve 12,410 to 7,200.
The only other county primary that was contested was for treasurer candidacy. Bob Patterson beat Belinda Grassi to be the Republican candidate by a vote of 12,179 to 6,850.
Meanwhile, Ohio Rep. Lorraine Fende topped Christine Page and John Rogers to be the Democratic candidate. Fende received more votes, 8,265, than Page and Rogers combined -- 1,876 and 3,440, respectively.
The following people ran unopposed in the primary:
- Republican incumbent Charles Coulson and Democrat Werner Barthol for Lake County prosecuting attorney
- Democrat incumbent Maureen Kelly and Republican Emilee Teresczuk for clerk of common pleas courts
- Republican Jason Wuliger and Democrat Ann Radcliffe for county recorder.
The following people ran unopposed in the primary and will run unopposed in November:
- Court of Common Pleas Judges Richard Collins Jr., Vincent Culotta and Eugene Lucci
- Sheriff Daniel Dunlap
- County Engineer James Gills
- Coroner Lynn Smith.