Patch Picks: The Nonprofit Organizations of Mentor
Mentor Patch highlights five wonderful nonprofits in Mentor
Patch Picks is highlighting five of the fantastic nonprofit organizations in Mentor (though, to be fair, there are many more.)
These nonprofits, in addition to helping the community, also offer opportunities to volunteer. So get involved with your community and help make Mentor even better.
- The United Way of Lake County – UWLC has a simple mission: to measurably improve people's lives in Lake County. It does that in myriad ways, including an upcoming food drive.
- Lake Humane Society – Lake Humane Society has helped find homes for abused and abandoned pets since it was founded in 1937.
- Hannah's Home – Hannah's Home is a maternity house for single, pregnant women who are 25 and younger. The house offers them options counseling while preparing them for birth. The women are taught how to have and raise a baby or about adoption.
- Society for Rehabilitation – The Society for Rehabilitation is a nonprofit charity that offers physical, occupational and speech therapy to the physically disabled. Its executive director is Richard Kessler.
- Crossroads – Crossroads provides counseling and other services to children and teens who suffer from emotional, behavioral and substance abuse problems. It was founded in 1971.
Mentor has several other wonderful, worthy nonprofits that deserve recognition. Feel free to talk about them in the comments section.