Mentor Summer Concert Series Kicks Off Tomorrow
See Eddie & the Edsels, as well as other free concerts all summer at Civic Center Park
The city of Mentor kicks off its annual Summer Concert Series 7 p.m. on Tuesday at the Civic Center Amphitheatre behind Mentor City Hall.
The free outdoor concerts continue from 7 to 9 p.m. every Tuesday through August 2.
This year's performers are:
- June 21 – Eddie and the Edsels; singing dance music from the '50s and '60s, as well as Motown staples
- June 28 – Dan Zola Orchestra; an 18-piece big band that plays swing from such royalty as Duke Ellington and Count Basie
- July 5 – The Motion; who have a repertoire of jazz and soul that spans from Green Dolphin Street to Mustang Sally to Eric Clapton's Wonderful Tonight
- July 12 – Jersey; seven-member tribute band to Bruce Springsteen and E-Street Band
- July 19 – Victory Highway; a band that covers everything short of I Cover the Waterfront. They can play AC/DC, Sugarland, Led Zeppelin, Rick James and Pink all in a single set
- July 26 – Logan Wells & Tim Tucker; who perform a variety show with country, blues, rock, jazz and more
- August 2 – Shockwave; a seven-member band that jams on everything from Grand Funk Railroad to Rolling Stones to Jimmy Buffett
The concerts are sponsored by several area businesses.
Visitors should bring blankets or lawn chairs and a picnic dinner to the concerts.