Great Big Home and Garden Show Returning to I-X Center
Fourth annual event runs from Feb. 2-10
The Great Big Home and Garden Show will return to the I-X Center from February 2 to 10 with more than 650 exhibitors.
New Features and Attractions:
• A fully-constructed, 4,000-square-foot Idea Home sponsored by Sherwin-Williams and Cleveland Magazine and built by Perrino Builders will inspire visitors with ways to plan and create their dream house.
• The fully constructed, 2,000-square-foot Dream Basement built by Chagrin Falls-based Custom Remodeling and Design.
• Fine dining at the Cambria Bistro, a full-service, white-tablecloth restaurant.
• “The Good Life” is the theme of the daily cooking sessions presented by local chefs and instructors of the Loretta Paganini School of Cooking. (www.lpscinc.com).
Returning Favorites from 2012:
• The Garden Showcase, sponsored by WKYC, WDOK and WQAL, and located in the South Hall.
• On Feb. 2 at 2 p.m., Architectural Justice will host a fashion show on The Main Stage that combines Haute Couture with interior design.
• The Celebrity Designer Rooms will be custom-designed by a Northeast Ohio design business or exhibitor with the help of a local radio or television personality.
• Belgard Hardscapes, Inc. will feature outdoor living spaces created by two of the area’s premier landscapers – Rock Bottom Lawn & Landscaping and Friberg Landscaping & Construction, LLC.
• At The Petitti Gardening Stage, daily gardening seminars on landscape design, flora and furnishing outdoor rooms will be held by Northeast Ohio landscape experts.
• The Plant Sale begins after the show closes on Feb. 10 at 6:30 p.m. Get great deals on the products and plant material on display in the gardens just in time for spring.
• Kids can have fun in Playground World’s KidsZone, which features slides, swings, basketball hoops and the world’s safest, fully-enclosed SpringfreeTM Trampoline.
Home Improvement and Culinary Celebrities:
• Known as the de-cluttering and organization guy, Peter Walsh from the hit TLC show “Clean Sweep” will appear Feb. 2.
• The show will also feature Ohio native Chris Crary, a season nine participant and fan favorite from Bravo’s popular television series “Top Chef,” on Feb. 9.
• Matt Fish, owner and chef of Melt Bar and Grilled will also present on The Main Stage Feb. 2, 3, 8, 9 and 10.
• Returning as this year’s Main Stage emcee, Matt Fox will offer home improvement knowledge and special educational presentations on Feb. 2, 3 and 5.
Adult admission is $14 at the box office, but discount tickets are available online, at Home Depot and AAA locations. Seniors 65 and old are $10; kids 6-12 are $5, and kids 5 and under are admitted free.
Check the Great Big Home and Garden Show's website for more information.