GALLERY: Mentor Wrestling Team Competes in Sectionals
View images and find out which student-athletes excelled this weekend
Editor's note: Mentor Wrestling parent Marcy Talkington Henry submitted the following recap from the Sectional Wrestling tournament in Willoughby.
The Mentor High Wrestling Team competed in the Sectional Wresting Tournament at Willoughby South High School this past Friday and Saturday.
The top four placers at this tournament will move on to compete at the District Tournament that has been named “The Mentor Meat-Grinder”, as it is one of the toughest tournaments in the state. This year Mentor placed 3rd as a team at the Sectionals and put through to Districts 11 wrestlers.
Congratulations to Mentor’s Sectional Champion Colin Kramer (113).
- Also moving on to the Districts are:
- Austin Victor (106) – 4th place
- Nick DeSanto (120) – 3rd place
- Mark Molder (126) – 2nd place
- Austin Tomoletz (138) – 3rd place
- Alex Piercy (145) – 4th place
- Jake Henry (152) – 4th place
- Alex Mathews (160) – 3rd place
- Pete Kunka (170) 3rd place
- Wade Phillips (195) 2nd place
- Billy Hudson (285) – 3rd place
Alex Barich (132) and Aaron Wank took home 5th place wins.
The District Tournament will be held at Mentor High School February 22-23. Wrestling begins at 5:00pm on February 22nd.